In 1951 left his native land and ministered among Ukrainian refugees in camp Kufstein. For a shrot time stayed in Rome and afterwards came to Canada in 1952 and immediately started with organizational work for establishment of Hungarian and Slovak Byzantine Rite parishes in Windsor. He was one of the priests, who celebrated the first Byzantine liturgy for Slovaks in Hamilton on December 12th 1952.
His later assignments included: Gary, Indiana 60-61; Shaw St., Toronto 61-63; Roblin, Manitoba Assistant Pastor, 64-68; Wynyard, Sask., 69-70, Ituna; Sask.,70-72, Washington, D.C. 73, Newark & Wilkes-Barre, PA 74-84, Yorkton, Sask Missions 84-95 while also serving in Slovakia; Cathedral of the Transfiguration 95-03 Markham, ON; 03-07 in retirement in Yorkton, Sask, He returned to Slovakia in May, 2007 to Michalovce, where he spent his final months with his Redemptorist brothers.
May his memory be eternal!